F.A.Q's & Benefits of Rear Screen Projection
HOW DOES IT WORK EXACTLY?
• You get a FREE half day set up the day before your shoot. Your vehicle is dropped off at the studio. We add "skates" to the wheels and we park it on our stage in front of a 16ft x 9ft screen. An additional screen is placed on the stage left side of the vehicle and one above the vehicle (for realistic windshield reflections too!)
Then we even pre-light the entire scene for you! (You can of course make any changes or tweaks that you like.)
We add sequenced practical lights and all of it synced and connected to a high end computer system that controls it all masterfully!
IS YOUR CAMERA PACKAGE INCLUDED?
• YES! You can bring any camera you like but we have a Red Camera Package INCLUDED FOR FREE!
(6k Red Komodo/ 1Terrabye CF card/ Zeiss lightweight PL Mount 21-100mm Lens/ Atomos Monitor/ Nano Batteries, even a tripod!)
HOW DO I SHOOT THE OTHER SIDE OF THE VEHICLE?
• THAT'S where the "skates" come in. Instead of moving the cameras... we simply spin the car 180 degrees (and flip the moving backgrounds) and now you can film the opposite side!
HOW LONG IS THE SET UP TO SPIN THE CAR?
• 10-15min to be up and running and shooting the opposite side and direction.
HOW DO THE BACKGROUNDS WORK?
• Your camera captures laser projected moving backgrounds (The industry call these "Plates") along with the actors and foreground elements. Converging into a single captivating frame. All shot in-camera.
HOW ARE THE "PLATES" CREATED?
• We have already captured all of our rich plate footage. Shot with our custom built 9 camera 360 degree driving rig.
When clients book our stage we discuss your needs and send samples of our driving plates to choose from to use for your shoot. All included. Our system also runs the Unreal Engine 5 for special plates (sci-fi, cyber punk, apocalyptic, etc)
CAN I BRING MY OWN DRIVING PLATES?
WHAT IF I WANT A SPECIFIC LOCATION?
• If you are in need of a specific location that we don’t already have we can drive our custom rig to capture it for an additional fee. (Please inquire for rates)
HOW DOES POST PRODUCTION WORK?
• Nada. Zip. Everything is shot in camera. No post work. No nasty green spill. No rotoscoping hair and fabric. That’s the true magic of our system!
DO WE GET A TECH/HELP WITH THE RENTAL?
• YES! We are experts in this field with over 15 years of experience. Our tech will integrate with
your Director, Dp and any crew. We take care of the entire projection system so that you can just concentrate on the performance. system. We are happy to give you any advice, guidance or technical knowledge if you require it.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF SHOOTING THIS WAY?
- SAVES YOU MONEY!
Time is money on set. Completed shots in the same day is UNHEARD OF with Green Screen.
Rear Screen Projection Driving guarantees every shot is a final-in-the-can image. No rotoscoping. No previz.
- MORE REALISTIC!
No green spill on every surface and actor. No soft glow post work to mask this out.
- MORE FLEXIBLITY!
Director's, Dp's, Producers and the like can make quicker creative decisions on the fly, then and there to tell your story.
Get your talent in and start shooting! Keep it creative not technical. With absolutely stunning results.
- ACTORS LOVE IT!
Actors get fully immersed and committed to this way of shooting. They don't have to "pretend" to drive when scenery is really there and tangible. They can see upcoming road and react to the environment.
So that all they have to do is concentrate on their performances. Which is the paramount to every production.
- WORKS WITH ANY VEHICLE!
You can park a tiny smart car, an SUV, or even a HUMMER and our system supports it!